The new Sermon Builder Plug-In is designed for Pastors and Leaders who don’t have time to learn a new program but want something that is faster, easier, and better looking than PowerPoint. It is also for tech staff and volunteers who need to build Sermon Slides quickly and easily in a native MediaShout format. It’s so easy to use and in less than 10 minutes, you can have a completed Script for the Sermon.
The Sermon Builder Plug-In is located on the right side of the Control Screen in the Plug-In area. Opening the Sermon Builder will launch a wizard that will walk you through 5 easy steps. If you have your sermon notes or outline in a digital document, you can easily copy and paste text as needed.
- Clicking “Create” on the first page of the wizard will take you to the Title of your sermon. You can type or copy/paste your title here. Click “Next” to continue.
- In this window, type or copy/paste your first point you want to make and then click Add. Repeat this process until you have all the points in your presentation done. As you add points, you will see them appear on the box on the right. You can delete a point by clicking the trash can to the right. Don’t worry about the order right now. You will be able to reorder pages at the end. Once you have all the points, click “Next”.
- Now you can choose the scriptures you want to use. Again, choose the translation (available translations are based on your license code) and then type in the scripture reference. The format is always Book ChapterNumber:Verse(s) (you can input a single verse or a range of verses using “-” or non-consecutive verses using “,”). Click the “Add” button to add this reference. Repeat this process for all of your scripture references and click “Next”.
- The next step is to choose a theme. We’ve started with 6 themes that you can use (with plans to add many more). Each theme has a different look for the Title Page, Sermon Points, and Scripture pages. Choose one of the themes (or you can keep it simple with the White Text on Black Background) and click “Next”.
- Last, but not least, adjust the order of your pages and view a preview of each page and click “Create”. MediaShout 7 will create a new script with each of these as Cues and Pages. Since this is now a native MediaShout script, you can edit, move, resize, and add additional cues, pages, and objects like you would any other script.
That’s how easy it is to use the Sermon Builder Plug-In.